We turn one year old today and took the opportunity to reflect on what we accomplished in the past 12 months, as well as look forward to another fun and fast-paced year ahead. Below is the press release with the details:
DealBase.com Celebrates Its First Anniversary: Great Hotels Now Within Reach of All Travelers
Hotel deals website has helped over 1 million travelers find insider savings and “in-the-know” discounts.
San Francisco (PRWEB) November 12, 2009 — DealBase.com, the source for insider hotel deals and offers, celebrated its first anniversary today, capping a phenomenal year of growth. Since launching last year at the 2008 PhoCusWright Travel Innovation Summit, DealBase.com has become a trusted resource for hundreds of thousands of travelers. Key milestones the company accomplished in the past year:
- 1.1 million travelers have used DealBase.com, with growth accelerating to over 200,000 visits in October, 2009.
- 36,000+ deals have been posted, an increase of 400% since the company’s launch. This includes 140 Miami hotel deals and 216Boston hotel deals.
- $7.9 million in savings have been revealed by the company’s unique Deal Analyzer – an average savings of 32% per deal.
- Press accolades have contributed to the company’s growth such as a recent appearance in Travel + Leisure’s Top Travel Websites for 2009.
- Product innovation through the industry’s first “build-your-own,” fully-customizable Top 10 hotel deal alerts.
- International expansion to over 20 popular overseas destinations, including London hotels, with 50 more international cities coming by the end of 2009.
“When we first conceived DealBase.com, we knew we wanted to build the most consumer-oriented travel deals site. Our first-year results have far exceeded my expectations. Not only are travelers looking for great hotel deals, they’re seeking a comprehensive and unbiased resource to find and vet the deals,” said co-founder and CEO Sam Shank.
DealBase.com also announced that Ross Weber, an online travel industry veteran who previously held leadership positions at VirtualTourist and Kayak, has joined the company as SVP of Business Development. “I decided to work with the DealBase.com team because I saw great initial traction, and I admire the company’s focus on creating a great customer experience,” noted Mr. Weber.
DealBase.com is building the world’s best resource to find great hotel deals. DealBase.com scours the web to provide travelers with the largest database of hotel deals, special offers and packages, currently numbering more than 36,000, culled from over 5,500 unique sources. The Company’s innovative Deal Analyzer compares deal prices to regular prices, so travelers can be confident they’re getting a great deal. DealBase.com launched in November 2008 and is based in San Mateo, California. For more information, visit www.DealBase.com.